The planning committee for the Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA) has announced that the 2019 edition will be held virtually and streamed on TV and online on June 13.
This has become necessary due to the ban on social gathering as a means to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The beverage awards which is in its fourth year, closed nominations to the general public and all beverage companies in February this year.
Under the theme ‘Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry’ the Awards aim to promote both local and foreign beverages as well as the participation of small-scale beverage enterprises in Ghana.
Speaking on the new adjustments, the CEO of Global Media Alliance (GMA), Ernest Boateng, explained that “We have all been advised by the President to adhere to all the social distancing protocols and other directives which will help us to control the spread of Covid-19.
“As an organisation, we have found a way to go ahead to celebrate excellence in the beverage industry while adhering to all the recommended directives without endangering lives; this is why we have decided to organize the Awards virtually.”
“The virtual Awards will still maintain the world-class standard our patrons and stakeholders are used to without losing the prominence and prestige associated with it”, he reassured.
The general public was allowed to vote for the ultimate award of the year which is the ‘Product of the Year’ between March 2, and March 20.
In a lead up to this year’s Awards, a beverage Industry Tour was organised for the GBA board to visit nominated companies to familiarize with their work and practices.
This initiative is one of the new activities which was introduced in the build-up to the 2019 Awards Night.
This year, GBA has introduced two new categories; Local Beverage Advertisement of the Year and International Liqueur of the Year.
The addition of the new categories is to acknowledge feedback from stakeholders, particularly consumers who have been instrumental in the nominations phase.
The Local Beverage Advert of the Year Award goes to the brand in the year under review that is enjoying massive public appeal with its creative publicity.
The Ghana Beverage Awards is organized by Global Media Alliance. Supporting partners are the Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA), Consumer Protection Agency and the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG).
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms
- Allow your partners to fondle your breasts in order to detect cancer earlier – Tepamanhene to women
- ‘There is no plan to ban Ghana’s cocoa’ – EU Ambassador
- Every passing day makes our economic situation worse – Mahama
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- BoG assures of cedi stability ahead of festive season in December
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt