The fifth edition of Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA) has been successfully organised with Awake Purified Drinking Water emerging winner for the ultimate award, Product of the Year.
Other winners included Storm Energy Drink, Blue Skies Fruit Juice and Coca Cola.
Being organised virtually for the second year running, the awards ceremony was streamed online and telecast live on eTV Ghana, GTV and Citi TV.
Held under the theme ‘Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry,” the event was aimed at putting the spotlight on the local beverage industry while promoting both local and foreign beverages as well as the participation of small-scale beverage enterprises in Ghana.
Speaking at the event, Ernest Boateng, CEO of Global Media Alliance, lauded the stakeholders and industry players for contributing in diverse ways to ensure a successful event every year.
“When we began Ghana Beverage Awards, our vision as a company was to put a spotlight on an industry that we felt was not being celebrated enough. Now in the fifth year, I must say we are truly humbled and proud to see the growth of GBA.
“Undoubtedly, the successes chalked over the years could not have been possible without the support of our stakeholders and industry players whose participation and interest in seeing that GBA grows to the level where it will be widely known locally, in the sub-region and internationally knows no boundaries. Truly, as organisers, we do not take your contribution for granted,” he said.
In the build-up to this year’s awards, a GBA segment was introduced on partner radio and TV stations to allow the beverage companies share their expectations ahead of this year’s awards and also to share titbits on consumption of different types of beverages and the appropriate use of stemware.
GBA 2020 also saw the classification of Cocoa/Chocolate Product of the Year and Dairy Product of the Year as two separate categories unlike previous years in acknowledgement of feedback from our stakeholders.
Ghana Beverages Awards is organised by Global Media Alliance with support from Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA), Consumer Protection Agency and the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG) and Perception Management International. It is partnered by Citi FM, Citi TV, GTV Business and Financial Times, Businesszoneonline, e.TV Ghana, Happy FM, YFM on the media front.
Full list of winners
International Spirit of the Year: Jameson Irish Whisky
• International Beer of the Year: Heineken Larger Beer
• International Wine of the Year: Campo Viejo
• International Liqueur of the Year: Baileys Irish Cream
• Spirit of the Year: Aphro Moor
• Beer of the Year: ABC Golden Lager Beer
• Bitters of the Year: Herb Afrik
• Liqueur of the Year: Carnival Strawberry Liqueur
• Cider/ RTD of the Year: Origin Beer
• Water of the Year: Voltic Natural Mineral Water
• CSD of the Year: Coca Cola
• Energy Drink of the Year: Storm Energy Drink
• Fruit Drink of the Year: Blue Skies Fruit Juice
• Cocoa/Chocolate Product of the Year: Vitamilk Chocolate Drink
• CSR Company of the Year: Blow Chem Industries Limited
• New Beverage of the Year: Verna Active
• Manufacturing Company of the Year: Twellium Industrial Company Ltd.
• Product of the Year: Awake Purified Drinking Water
- Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- 10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
- Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over GH¢18.00
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19- Akufo-Addo
- Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
- 7 people electrocuted, 5 others injured at Amanfrom
Chelsea thrashed by Barcelona in Women’s Champions League final
Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson pays tribute to father after scoring winner
Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic to win Italian Open final in Rome
Zinedine Zidane denies telling Real Madrid players he will leave
Suarez rescues Atletico on dramatic day in title day
Armed men attack NPP Communicator
Akufo-Addo applauds Ghanaians for adhering to Covid-19 protocols
Ghana saved $1.4 billion from deferring 3 Power Purchasing Agreements – Energy Minister
Covid-19 pandemic- All non-essential trips to high-risk countries should be postponed – Akufo-Addo
Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19- Akufo-Addo
Government is making all efforts to achieve overall vaccination target – Akufo-Addo
Playback: The Probe, discusses Ghana’s 2nd vaccine roll-out and Quest for Herd Immunity
Projects by government to solve energy crisis near completion – Matthew Opoku Prempeh