The fifth edition of Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA) has been successfully organised with Awake Purified Drinking Water emerging winner for the ultimate award, Product of the Year.
Other winners included Storm Energy Drink, Blue Skies Fruit Juice and Coca Cola.
Being organised virtually for the second year running, the awards ceremony was streamed online and telecast live on eTV Ghana, GTV and Citi TV.
Held under the theme ‘Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry,” the event was aimed at putting the spotlight on the local beverage industry while promoting both local and foreign beverages as well as the participation of small-scale beverage enterprises in Ghana.
Speaking at the event, Ernest Boateng, CEO of Global Media Alliance, lauded the stakeholders and industry players for contributing in diverse ways to ensure a successful event every year.
“When we began Ghana Beverage Awards, our vision as a company was to put a spotlight on an industry that we felt was not being celebrated enough. Now in the fifth year, I must say we are truly humbled and proud to see the growth of GBA.
“Undoubtedly, the successes chalked over the years could not have been possible without the support of our stakeholders and industry players whose participation and interest in seeing that GBA grows to the level where it will be widely known locally, in the sub-region and internationally knows no boundaries. Truly, as organisers, we do not take your contribution for granted,” he said.
In the build-up to this year’s awards, a GBA segment was introduced on partner radio and TV stations to allow the beverage companies share their expectations ahead of this year’s awards and also to share titbits on consumption of different types of beverages and the appropriate use of stemware.
GBA 2020 also saw the classification of Cocoa/Chocolate Product of the Year and Dairy Product of the Year as two separate categories unlike previous years in acknowledgement of feedback from our stakeholders.
Ghana Beverages Awards is organised by Global Media Alliance with support from Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA), Consumer Protection Agency and the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG) and Perception Management International. It is partnered by Citi FM, Citi TV, GTV Business and Financial Times, Businesszoneonline, e.TV Ghana, Happy FM, YFM on the media front.
Full list of winners
International Spirit of the Year: Jameson Irish Whisky
• International Beer of the Year: Heineken Larger Beer
• International Wine of the Year: Campo Viejo
• International Liqueur of the Year: Baileys Irish Cream
• Spirit of the Year: Aphro Moor
• Beer of the Year: ABC Golden Lager Beer
• Bitters of the Year: Herb Afrik
• Liqueur of the Year: Carnival Strawberry Liqueur
• Cider/ RTD of the Year: Origin Beer
• Water of the Year: Voltic Natural Mineral Water
• CSD of the Year: Coca Cola
• Energy Drink of the Year: Storm Energy Drink
• Fruit Drink of the Year: Blue Skies Fruit Juice
• Cocoa/Chocolate Product of the Year: Vitamilk Chocolate Drink
• CSR Company of the Year: Blow Chem Industries Limited
• New Beverage of the Year: Verna Active
• Manufacturing Company of the Year: Twellium Industrial Company Ltd.
• Product of the Year: Awake Purified Drinking Water
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Government increases cocoa price by 21 percent to ¢800 a bag
- Consumer Protection Agency raises alarm on sale of already registered SIM cards
- President’s speech did not offer any new direction in fighting galamsey – Daryl Bosu
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey: The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi