Some industry players and companies have been honoured at the fourth edition of the Ghana Business Awards held at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
In all, a total of 48 individuals and companies received 65 awards for their contribution to the business sector.
The ceremony which sought to celebrate the achievements of individuals and companies who have distinguished themselves in the sector in the year under review saw the ultimate awards going to Julian Kingsley Opuni, Managing Director of Fidelity Bank Ghana, and Chris Chinebuah, CEO of Fueltrade Limited who emerged as CEO of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Decade respectively.
Organised by Globe Productions Limited, the awards scheme since its inception in 2018 has rewarded excellence and standards in the business sector.
The CEO of J.K. Ahiadome Transport and Company Limited picked the Industry Leadership Awards of the Year for the Oil and Gas (Downstream) sector with the Personality of the Year (Public Sector) Award going to Mr Emmanuel Antwi -Dankwa, CEO of the Volta River Authority.
CompuGhana and Electroland Ghana Limited picked up the Retail Company and Electronic Company of the Year, while M&C Group received the Trading Company of the Year award.
The Ghana National Gas Company and its CEO, Dr Ben K.D. Asante was awarded the Oil and Gas (Upstream) Company of the Year and the Outstanding Leadership Award of the Year for the Public Sector.
CEO of Santol Energy Fareed Amin Yakubu received the Young Achiever of the Year award.
Speaking at the awards ceremony, the CEO of GlobeProductions, Mr Latif Abubakar, said the winners were selected by an independent advisory board who evaluated the awardees based on the criteria listed for each category.
He explained that the benchmarks for shortlisted winners performance were based on some key performance indicators (KPIs) in the standards of excellence, including information technology and competitive pricing.
Themed “The Digital Economy, Making More Winners” the awards which was in partnership with the Institute of Directors (IoD), Nobel International Business School (NiBS), Ipag Business School, Swiss Business School and the Lincoln University with support from the Graphic Communications Group Limited and Media General sought to promote business excellence nationally and internationally as well as provide an unparalleled opportunity for networking among industry players.
Ghana Business Awards
The Ghana Business Awards is a prestigious programme that recognises and rewards excellence across all sectors in Ghana.
The awards provide a platform to recognise individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of their business sector while recognising the key functions within the sector that promote growth and sustainability.
Present at the ceremony were the Spanish Ambassador to Ghana, Mr Javier Gutiérrez, the Economic Chief at the United States Embassy, Ms Stephanie Hutchison, and the President of the Ghana Journalists Association, Mr Roland Affail Monney.
Below is the list of winners at the awards
- Business Meritorious Award – Mr. Edward Effah Group Ceo and Chairman, Fidelity Bank
- Agribusiness Company of the Year – ECOM Ghana
- Telecom Company of the Year – Vodafone Ghana
- Airline of the Year Domestic – Africa World Airlines
- Airline of the Year International – Emirates Airline
- Business News Brand of the Year (Joint Winners) – Joy Business and Graphic Business
- Best Growing Company of the Year – TCL Ghana
- Beverage/Water Company of the Year – Bela Aqua- Blow Chem Industries
- Community Impact Award of the Year – Dredge Masters Limited
- Consultancy Firm of the Year – ADK Consortium
- Emerging Consultancy Firm of the Year – Carvinclay People Development
- Travel and Tourism Company of the Year (Joint Winner) – Kaya Tours, Kingsair Travel and Tour
- Discovery of the Year – The Little Cow Consulting Limited
- Dream Project of the Year – B5 Plus Limited
- Emerging Brand of the Year – Bel Can Mixtures- Blow Chem Industries Limited
- Engineering Company of the Year – Bos Engineering Ghana Limited
- Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility (Joint Winners) – Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Vodafone Ghana
- Excellence in Customer Service Award – Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited
- Excellence in HSEQ Award – Eni Ghana Exploration and Production Company Ltd.
- Excellence in Innovations and Technology of the Year – GT Bank
- Exporter of the Year – Kingdom Exim Ghana Limited
- Fashion and Lifestyle Company of the Year – Woodin- Premium African Textiles
- Food Company of the Year – Masco Foods Ghana
- General Insurance Company of the Year – Enterprise Insurance Limited
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Diagnostics) – Sunshine Healthcare Ltd
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Hospital) – Lister Hospital & Fertility Centre
- Health Insurance Provider of the Year – Premier Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Brand of the Year – Apex Health Insurance Limited
- Herbal Company of the Year – Tinatett Herbal Manufacturing and Marketing Company Limited
- Hospitality Company of the Year – Eusbett Hotel
- Multinational Company of the Year – Luex Healthcare
- Auto Company of the Year – Universal Motors Ghana Ltd
- IT Company of the Year – Comsys Ghana Limited
- IT Consulting Firm of the Year – Liranz Limited
- Energy Company of the Year – Volta River Authority
- Life Insurance Company of the Year – Enterprise Life
- Sanitation Company of the Year – Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited
- Small Medium Enterprise of the Year – Smockyworld Limited
- Trading Company of the Year – M&C Group
- Savings and Loans Company of the Year – Bayport Savings and Loans
- Shipping Company of the Year – Maersk Ghana Ltd
- Local Content Award – Eni Ghana Exploration and Production Company Ltd
- Logistics Service Provider of the Year – J.K. Ahiadome Transport & Company Limited
- Manufacturing Company of the Year – B5 Plus Limited
- Marine Service Provider of the Year – Benmarine Offshore Services Limited
- Media Organization of the Year – Media General Group
- Mining Company of the Year – AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
- Mobile Money Service Provider of the Year – Mobile Money Limited (MTN MoMo)
- Oil and Gas Company of the Year (Downstream) – Goil Company Limited
- Oil and Gas Company of the Year (Upstream) – Ghana National Gas Company
- Pharmaceutical Company of the Year – Unichem Ghana Ltd
- Product of the Year – Kellogg’s
- Promising CEO of the Year – Kwame Edenkema Blay- CEO of Western Group
- Promising Company of the Year – The Makers Electronics Company Ltd
- Promising Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernest Amissah – CEO of Sunpower Innovations Ltd
- Electronic Company of the Year – Electroland Ghana Limited (EGL)
- Retail Company of the Year – CompuGhana Ltd.
- Security Company of the Year – Stallion Tiger
- Trade Facilitation of the Year – Ghana Shippers’ Authority
- Importer of the Year – Nungua Warehouse Group of Companies
- Entrepreneurial Company of the Year – J K Ahiadome Transport & Company Limited
- Outstanding Contribution to the Food Industry – Papaye Fast Food Limited
- Outsandting Contribution to the Auto Industry – Japan Motors Trading Company Ltd
- Outstanding Contribution to the Savings and Loans – Opportunity International Savings and Loans Limited
- Outstanding Contribution to the IT Industry – Times-End “C” Computers Ltd
- Outstanding Contribution to the Economy – Graphic Communications Group
- Young Achiever of Year – Alhaji Fareed Amin Yakubu (CEO of Santol Energy)
- Outstanding Leadership Award (Private) – Eric Asubonteng (MD of AngloGold Ashanti Ghana Limited)
- Outstanding Leadership Award of the Year (Public Sector) – Dr. Ben K D Asante (CEO Ghana National Gas Company)
- Excellence in Business Award – Nick Danso Adjei (Chairman of Ghana Link Network Services Ltd)
- Entrepreneurial Excellence Award – Mr Collins Otoo Okley (Nungua Warehouse Group of Companies)
- Excellence in Leadership Award – Beatrice Agyeman Abbey (Group CEO of Media General)
- Business Leadership Award of the Year – James Gnanaraj Rajamani (Kingdom Exim Group of Companies)
- Personality of the Year- Media Category – Dr. Fadda Dickson (Managing Director of Despite Media Group)
- Woman of Excellence (Public Sector) – Ms. Benonita Bismarck (CEO of Ghana Shippers’ Authority)
- Woman of Excellence (Private Sector) – Patricia Obo-Nai (Vodafone Ghana)
- Industry Leadership Award of the Year – Oil and Gas (Downstream) – James Kwoku Ahiadome (CEO J.K. Ahiadome Transport & Company Limited)
- Brand of the Year – Bel-Aqua Mineral Water by Blow Chem Industries
- Bank of the Year – Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited
- Group of Companies of the Year – Jospong Group of Companies
- Indigenous Company of the Year – Ghana Link Network Services Ltd
- Company of the Year (Private Sector) – Mobile Money Limited (MTN MoMo)
- Company of the Year (Public Sector) – University of Professional Studies, Accra
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Mukesh Thakwani, B5 Plus Limited
- Personality of the Year Award (Private Sector) – Muhammadu Muzzammil, ECOM Ghana
- Personality of the Year Award (Public Sector) – Emmanuel Antwi -Darkwa, Volta River Authority
- CEO of the Year (Public Sector) – Dr. John Kofi Mensah, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Dr. Joseph Siaw Agyepong, Founder & Executive Chairman-Jospong Group of Companies
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Chris Chinebuah, CEO Fueltrade
- CEO of the Year- Private Sector – Julian Kingsley Opuni, M.D of Fidelity Bank
- CEO of the Decade – Mrs. Abiola Bawuah, Regional Chief Executive Officer, West Africa for UBA
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users