Audio By Carbonatix
The Government of Ghana has strongly condemned what it described as an “unprovoked Israeli attack” on the sovereign State of Qatar, which has reportedly led to casualties, loss of lives, and destruction of property.
The Government, in a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Accra on Wednesday, said the airstrikes were a clear violation of international law and an affront to Qatar’s sovereignty.
It further stressed that the incident undermines ongoing peace efforts between Israel and Palestine.
“The Government of the Republic of Ghana condemns the attack in view of the fact that the airstrikes constitute a clear violation of international law and an affront to the sovereignty of the State of Qatar. This attack undermines the ongoing pursuit of peace between the States of Palestine and Israel,” the statement read.
It said, President John Dramani Mahama, on behalf of the people of Ghana, expressed solidarity with the Emir of Qatar, His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, and the Qatari people “in these difficult times.”
The government commended Qatar for its tireless and consistent commitment to mediating peace between Israel and Palestine and urged that the “condemnable incident” should not derail those diplomatic efforts.
Ghana, the statement added, remains committed to supporting all initiatives that promote peaceful dialogue and respect for sovereignty in the Middle East.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
2 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
3 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
3 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
3 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
3 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
3 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
4 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
4 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
4 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
4 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
4 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours