French football authorities have banned Ghana defender Alexander Djiku for one match for breaching betting regulations in the 2020/21 season.
This means he will miss Strasbourg’s first game against Paris Saint-Germain after the World Cup break on December 28.
The 28-year-old is among five Ligue 1 players who have received various punishments for their involvement in betting.
Auxerre goalkeeper Donovan Léon (banned for five games, three suspended), Irvin Cardona of Brest (four matches, two suspended and a fine of €1,500), Montpellier’s Sacha Delaye (one match).
Cameroonian Jean-Charles Castelletto has been handed a four-match ban.
The body governing the major leagues in France, Ligue de Football Professionnel, said in a statement: “these offences are committed even though, together, the LFP and the UNFP (the players’ union) conduct awareness or information campaigns with clubs on a daily basis.
“The Commission recalls that the actors of competitions organised by the FFF or the LFP (including players, coaches, leaders of professional football clubs) are generally prohibited from betting, online or in physical networks, on all football competitions, whether national or foreign,” the statement added.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- ‘Onyame Akatua’ not a diss to Daddy Lumba – Great Ampong
- Independent Tax Appeals Board to improve ease of doing business in Ghana – American Chamber of Commerce
- One dead as vehicle runs into traders at Suame
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- Not everything is based on luck – Camidoh speaks about making ‘Sugarcane’ a hit
- PHDC CEO leads community engagement ahead of establishment of Africa’s first petroleum and petrochemical hub
- Akufo-Addo sends special message to Mali
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ampem Darkoa up against Supreme Ladies; Hasaacas Ladies host LadyStrikers
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Anny Osabutey: If only I could shake his hands…portrait of a child’s thought
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Togbe Afede XIV backs individual bondholders’ call for exclusion from Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ukraine: US sanctions Chinese firm helping Russia’s Wagner Group
- Court threatens to strike out case against Nana Agradaa as police fail to follow orders
- 11 signs you broke his heart