The Ghana Gas company has met with an Ivorian delegation on the directional Gas pipeline project as part of a Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) signed on the 17th October, 2017 by the Heads of State of Ghana and Cote D’Ivoire.
The two countries have identified the need to have a bi-directional pipeline to supply gas to both countries depending on their demand profile.
This is born out of the friendship, fraternity and solidarity sustained through history, geographical positioning and cultural tolerance.
In view of this, there was a visit by the Ivorian delegation to Ghana on 14th March 2023 in consonance with the aforementioned project, The Ivorian delegation was led by Mr. Noumory Sidibe, Director General of CI-Energies, Dr. Ben Asante, Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Gas represented the Government of Ghana.
At the meeting, Dr. Ben Asante emphasized the commitment and support of Ghana
National Gas Company towards the successful completion of the gas pipeline project.
“Gas will be the growth pole for industrialization in our two countries and beyond,” he affirmed.
According to Dr. Ben Asante, the gas supplied will not only be used for power generation but also as feedstock for fertilizer and for industrialization purposes for the benefit of both Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire.
With both countries having discovered oil and gas in commercial quantities, there is a need to have a bi-directional gas pipeline connecting the load centers of these countries to supply gas from Ghana to Cote D’Ivoire and vice versa, depending on the demand.
After the meeting at Ghana Gas conference room, the two delegation paid a courtesy call to the Ministry of Energy and they were received by the Deputy Minister for Energy, Honourable Andrew Egyapa Mercer, on behalf of the Minister for Energy.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Arrest made in killing of New Jersey council woman Eunice Dwumfour
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande