The Ghana Hotels Association is cautiously optimistic that 2021 will bring good tidings.
This follows an improvement in the occupancy rate and conferencing during the Christmas period.
Speaking for the Association, its president Dr Edward Ackah Nyamike said, “careful observation and feedback from members and clients point to general increase in occupancy rate during the Christmas season. Although significantly lower than what was recorded in 2019.”
“There was also an increase in the use of hotel grounds and conference halls for various events during the festive period”, he emphasised.
“Moving into 2021, the hotel industry is cautiously optimistic looking at what is happening in other countries as far as Covid-19 is concerned”, he further said.
However, it is banging it hopes on aggressive promotion of domestic tourism and the general business enabling environment.
“It is obvious that a big chunk of our international market in terms of international visits to Ghana will be lost.
“Our hope lies in the aggressive promotion of domestic tourism and the creation of a conducive business environment by Ghana,” he said.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received a baton before – Coach
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
- Students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
Drake is Billboard’s Artist of the Decade, will receive honor at 2021 Billboard Music Awards
We’ll work for food security reserves – ECOWAS
Pandemic could lead to more child obesity, WHO Europe office warns
French court fines, sentences Oppong Weah’s son for reckless partying
Salifu Ibrahim not being swayed by man of the match awards
SYND-Ghana backs Lands Ministry’s fight against exploitation of forest reserves
‘I left home so I can take care of my family,’ – A ‘kayayo’ on why she is on the streets
Make a deliberate effort to own a copy of the 1992 Constitution – NCCE
Parliament to reconvene on May 25 to commence second meeting
Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from
Residents of Amanase burn vehicle belonging to 5 suspected ritual murderers