Ghana’s number of confirmed Covid-19 cases has risen to 6,617, the Ghana Health Service (GHS) has said.
This represents and increase of 131 new cases from the last update.
Out of the 131 new cases, 81 infections were from the Greater Accra Region. Ashanti Region recorded 22 new cases, 10 new cases in the Central region, 13 new cases in the Western Region, 4 new cases in Western North, 1 in the Volta Region.
Greater Accra remains the region with the highest case count of 4699.
The Service’s website also indicated that 27 more patients have recovered bringing the total number of recoveries to 1,978 as of May 23, 2020.
The number of deaths remain 31.
Greater Accra Region – 4,780
Ashanti Region – 1,010
Central Region – 297
Western Region – 208
Eastern Region – 106
Western North Region – 61
Volta Region – 45
Northern Region – 34
Oti Region – 26
Upper East Region – 26
Upper West Region – 21
North East Region – 2
Bono Region – 1
Savannah Region – 0
Ahafo Region – 0
Bono East Region – 0
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretenses – Chief Director
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
Man, 25, burns neighbour’s apartment after an argument
Remittances to Ghana shoots up to $3.6bn in 2020
Enimil Ashon: #Fix our values; everything else will get fixed
Davido set to host his debut Twitter Space
Israel intensifies attacks in Gaza as conflict enters fifth day
Occupy Ghana calls for independent body of inquiry to investigate Caleb Kudah’s assault allegations
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretenses – Chief Director
Council of State donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots