The country’s total Covid-19 cases reported is 91,109 as of April 5, 2021.
According to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in its latest update, since the onset of the pandemic, 752 Ghanaians who contracted the virus have lost their lives.
No deaths have been reported by the GHS since April 1, 2021 till date.
So far, 65 new cases have been reported while active cases stands at 1,386.
Out of the 91,109 Ghanaians who have fallen victim to the virus, 88,971 have recovered and discharged from the health facilities.
While 11 persons are in critical condition, 31 others are in severe condition receiving treatment.
Also, out of 1,366 cases recorded at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA), 1,285 have been discharged are recovering from the virus.
Meanwhile, the Greater Accra Region with 50,282 Covid-19 cases still remains the largest hotspot among all 16 regions.
The Savannah Region with 120 Covid-19 cases has the least cases reported by the Ghana Health Service.
Below is the breakdown of regional cases:
Ahafo – 704
Ashanti – 15,394
Bono – 1,336
Bono East – 1,421
Central – 3,304
Eastern – 4,136
Greater Accra – 50,282
North East – 223
Northern – 1,644
Oti – 406
Savannah – 120
Upper East – 1,307
Upper West – 491
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
Activities of Operation Vanguard suspended by government
Social media users list Top 5 Ghanaian players
Fire guts new Kejetia Market
Protect Ghanaian businesses to aid job-oriented economic growth – Dr Kofi Amoah
Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
Operation Halt must be sustained, extended to tributaries of major rivers – Defence Minister
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water