The Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) has been adjudged Africa’s best investment promotion agency for three years consecutively by the Capital Finance International magazine (CFI.co).
The CFI.co in the citation to honour GIPC, highlighted the company’s multilevel approach to investment attraction and its effective contribution to enhance Ghana’s investment capacity.
The Chief Executive Officer, Yoofi Grant in his remarks said the award is a “testament to the great work being done by the Centre, and the progress it has made so far.”
He added that “the Centre will continually strive to do more, to ensure that Ghana cements its place, as the investment hub of Africa.”
Other winners of this year’s CFI.co awards included; the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Mckinsey & Company, JPMorgan Chase & Co., China Construction Bank (CCB), Germany’s Commerzbank (CBKG.DE), and UK’s NatWest Bank.
In a press release to announce the award, sighted by JoyNews, the GIPC noted that it “has in recent times upscaled its activities to keep up with changing business trends, as it seeks to continually provide top-notch services to investors. The Centre adopted a dynamic system which makes aggressive use of digital media, coupled with high-level stakeholder engagements and business-to-business (B2B) linkages.”
According to the release, Ghana’s investment pool has been broadened through the Centre’s advocacy for Diaspora Direct Investment (DDI) followed through by the establishment of Diaspora Investment Desk (DID).
The Centre in line with global drive for sustainable investments collaborated with the United Nations Development Fund (UNDP) to launch the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Investor Roadmap, which aims to mobilize private-sector investments to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
The statement added that the SDG investor roadmap helped the Centre to attract an impressive amount of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) amid the COVID-19 crisis.
This, the GIPC associated with Rand Merchant Bank’s latest report, which ranked Ghana as the best country in West Africa to invest.
Meanwhile, CEO for GIPC, Mr Yofi Grant has been re-elected as the Director for Sub-Saharan Africa on the Steering Committee of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA).
The CFI.co award will add to other awards the Centre has received, such as the best Investment Promotion Agency in West and Central Africa for five years in a row by the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) awards.
AIM is the world’s leading investment-focused event, initiated by the UAE Ministry of Economy, to acknowledge and enrich institutional, corporate and individual investors.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”
- I didn’t get the protection I needed for my difficult job – Professor Frimpong-Boateng
- The perfect age to get married, according to Science
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- The tables will turn one day – Prof Frimpong-Boateng reminds those in power
- Afua Sarpong Foundation launches 2023 World Preeclampsia Week Celebration, advocates for maternal health
- Malaria Prevention: Ghana explores game-changing app solution with Zzapp Malaria
- NPP and NDC take campaign in Assin North to the next level
- Nova Wellness Center marks 10th Anniversary with Patient Appreciation Day