Ghana National Council of Private Schools (GNACOPS) is set to end unqualified teachers tag in private schools starting from September this year.
The council is providing opportunities for teachers to be trained as professional teachers by the University of Education Winneba STARTING from September 2021.
All interested private school teachers who want to end the tag ‘unqualified teachers’ have the opportunity to do so by taking advantage of the new product offered by GNACOPS.
With support from Old Mutual Insurance Company Limited, private school teachers would use three semesters to acquire a Diploma certificate.
“30 months would also be used to obtain a degree as a professional teacher,” President of GNACOPS.
At an official launch ceremony of the partnership between the council and Old Mutual Insurance Company Limited, the Executive Director of GNACOPS announces the new product to private school teachers, publishers among other stakeholders.
According to Mr Enoch Kwasi Gyetuah, more than 80% of 403, 672 private school teachers in over 22, 000 pre-tertiary private institutions across the country have not received professional academic training.
Mr Gyetuah says the council signed up a policy framework known as the GNACOPS Volunteer Service Scheme (GVSS) to create a sustainable career path for untrained teachers.
“The main goals of the policy is to register and create a database, get an educational investment fund and insurance,” he states
He says the new partnership with Old Mutual Insurance Company package is in line with policy managers to provide financial bailout support for financial demands during their training.
A minimum contribution of GH 25.00 would be paid monthly by proprietors to support the upkeep of each scheme member.
According to the Board Chairman of GNACOPS, Steve Revss the new partnership would raise the bar on private education in the country.
Group Chief Executive Officer of Old Mutual, says the company doesn’t impose its services on customers but rather adapts its products to their requirements.
Mr Tavona BIza points out that their 150 years of operation in 14 countries is a clear indication that they have what it takes to manage and grow with GNACOPS.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine