Government has announced a special package for health workers at the forefront of the Covid-19 fight in the country.
President Akufo-Addo in a televised address Sunday said several packages have been put in place to motivate those risking their lives to save the nation.
“An insurance package, with an assured sum of ¢350,000 for each health personnel and allied professional at the forefront of the fight, has been put in place, with a daily allowance of ¢150 being paid to contact tracers.
“Government has also decided that all health workers will not pay taxes on their emoluments for the next three months, i.e. April, May and June,” he said.
The President said, in addition to these, all frontline health workers will receive an additional allowance of 50 per cent of their basic salary per month, i.e. for March, April, May and June.
The March allowance he said will be paid alongside that of April.
He announced that the Transport Ministry is also making available, free ride on ‘Aayalolo’ buses to convey health workers in Accra, Tema, Kumasi and Kasoa to and from work, along specific routes, for the entire duration of the restrictions.
“I am happy that operators of public transport, such as trotros and taxis, are largely adhering to the admonition to observe social distancing in their vehicles. Each one of them should do so,” he said.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- Highlights of #SportsZone on JoyPrime: Monday, March 27, 2023
- ECG disconnects 3 blocks at Osu Police Barracks over power theft
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Drug addiction is a spiritual thing – Noah King
- USA’s second gentleman plays basketball at Bukom
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Institution of Engineering opens 53rd Conference in Takoradi
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa