Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, has announced that the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu, has been discharged from the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) and is continuing his treatment at home.
Mr Oppong Nkrumah, responding to a question from a journalist about the condition of the Health Minister at a news conference, on Monday, said he had spoken to Mr Agyeman-Manu, who told him that he was responding to treatment at home.
President Akufo-Addo in his 11th national address to update citizens on the Covid-19 pandemic and containment measures, confirmed that the Health Minister had contracted the disease in the line of duty and wished him a speedy recovery.
This follows earlier speculations in a section of the media that the Minister, who is also the Member of Parliament for Dormaa Central had contracted the virus.
Mr Agyeman-Manu is a leading member of the Government’s Covid-19 response team, and often stressed the need for Ghanaians to observe the social distancing directives and comply with other safety protocols, during the Minister’s briefings hosted by the Information Ministry on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The Health Minister in a social media post expressed his gratitude to the President and all well-meaning Ghanaians for their best wishes since the news broke out.
The confirmation of Mr Agyeman-Manu’s status makes him the third government official to have tested positive for Covid-19.
The other two are; the former Mayor of Sekondi- Takoradi, Mr Anthony K. K. Sam, who succumbed to the disease on Friday, June 12; and Ghana’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Papa Owusu-Ankomah.
Papa Owusu-Ankomah has since recovered.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Falling interest rates to boost private sector growth – Alhassan Andani
- Profile of Anthony Akoto Osei
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal
- Government calls for more donor funding in agric sector
- ECG disconnects Cape Coast Sports Stadium over GH¢513k legacy debt
- Lotto agent in court for over GH¢253k theft
- Corporate institutions urged to implement leadership programmes to equip youth for job market
- Medikal bought 6 cars for Shaxi – Shatta Wale
- VGMA has to come and see me before I get involved in the scheme – Shatta Wale
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ed Sheeran ‘didn’t want to live’ after tragic year
- Netcowas lauds community-managed portable water services in Ghana
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain