Accra Hearts of Oak have parted ways with defender Mohammed Alhassan, with almost 12 months left in his contract.
The decision to mutually terminate the former WAFA defender’s contract was arrived at after the two parties failed to reach an agreement on a contract extension.
“With reference to the mutual termination of the employment contract agreement between the player (Mohammed Alhassan) and the club; The player is free to join any club of his choice,” a portion of the letter sent to the player read.
Alhassan signed for Hearts in December 2018 after leaving WAFA SC and has spent the last four seasons as an integral member of the Hearts of Oak team where he featured in over 90 games.
The 30-year-old was instrumental for the Rainbow club when they won a double, the Ghana Premier League and FA Cup in the 2020-21 season under coach Samuel Boadu.
He also contributed immensely to retaining the FA Cup title the following season.
Alhassan was part of the Ghana home-based national team that eliminated Benin and Nigeria to secure qualification to the 2022 CHAN tournament in Algeria.
However, he didn’t make the final squad for the tournament which kicks off in few days time.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac