A 27-year-old herbalist who defiled and impregnated a 14-year-old girl, prepared concoction for her to drink, and abort the pregnancy, has been remanded into Police custody by the Nkawie Circuit Court.
Kwasi Ahiakpor, alias Nana Kwasi, who is also an illegal small scale miner, was said to have impregnated the girl at Manso Moseaso in the Amansie West District.
His plea was deferred to March 31 this year, to enable the Police to complete their investigations.
Prosecuting, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sylvanus Dalmeida told the court presided over by Mr Johnson Abbey that the 14-year-old JHS two victim resides at Moseaso with her mother, where the accused also worked as a herbalist and illegal miner.
He said on March 19 this year, at about 0500 hours, the victim’s mother saw her bleeding from her private part and informed the complainant, who was the elder brother of the victim.
The prosecution said during interrogation by the complainant, the victim admitted that she had been impregnated by the accused.
DSP Dalmeida said the victim again revealed that she had taken some concoction prepared by the accused to abort the pregnancy.
He said a report was made to the Asuowin Police who arrested the accused, who in his cautioned statement admitted the offence and was charged and brought before the court.
The prosecution said the Police were still conducting further investigations into the case.
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Champions League final moved to Porto and 12,000 Chelsea and Manchester City fans can attend
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr