MP for Dome-Kwabenya, Adwoa Safo says she has forgiven all her critics, especially her colleagues in Parliament.
The MP has received massive backlash over her long absence from her official duties.
Responding to her critics for the first time, she noted that, “I forgive them for what they say.”
“There are 275 MPs including myself and I have served as a leader. I have built relationships and friendships over the years if you noticed all the people that were speaking were people that are new in Parliament and I forgive them for what they say, but what I know is that I still have a good relationship with my party and I have good relationships in Parliament,” she stressed.
She made the assertions in an exclusive interview on JoyNews’ The Pulse on Thursday, May 26.
In February, 2022, some people, including NPP MPs accused Adwoa Safo of blackmailing the government.
New Juaben South MP, Michael Okyere Baafi, claimed that the Dome-Kwabenya MP is using her seat as a bargaining chip to frustrate government business.
“All the problems the government is facing are attributable to Adwoa Safo. Clearly, her intention and posture show that she wants to sabotage NPP,” he said in an interview on Kumasi-based Hello FM.
He revealed how they had to beg her on countless occasions to come to Parliament due to their limited numbers, but Adwoa Safo has denied the claims.
She noted, however, that she would not budge about the rumours.
The Lawyer maintained that she remains focused on what she’s doing and hopes her son would get better so she can resume her duties.
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- IMANI Africa lists 10 challenges with National Cathedral
- Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
“Slow down” on National Cathedral building, tackle poverty – Asabee
Freiburg announce the signing of Daniel-Kofi Kyereh
AIMS Ghana holds Industry and Academia Forum 2022
E-levy is a failed tax measure – Sam George
I get worried about not getting married – MzVee
Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
It is too early to rate performance of E-levy – Prof. Lord Mensah
Diana Hamilton unveiled as brand ambassador for Property Electronics
Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
5 communities in Nsuta benefit from free rabies vaccination exercise
Top official at GRA dies after vehicle plunged into river
Special prayers to be held for victims of Ejura incident
Electronic transfers will be the future of payments—Access Bank Ghana MD
1 in 4 girls under 18 in Volta Region are cohabiting with a partner or married – Study
Covid-19: We’ve been neglected by the government – EVAG