Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has distanced himself from the proliferation of posters promoting him as the presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party for the 2024 elections.
In a press statement sighted by JoyNews, the Spokesperson to the Vice President, Gideon Boako stated that Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has neither given consent nor authorized any group for the production of those posters.
“The office of the Vice President has taken notice of the proliferation of posters around the country apparently promoting H. E. Dr Mahamudu Bawumia as the candidate of the NPP for the 2024 elections.
“For the record, the Vice President has not given his consent to these and other associated activities,” parts of the statement indicated.
The Vice President, as well as some notable members of the NPP like Alan Kyeremanten and Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto, are alleged to have announced their bid to represent the Party in the next elections.
But dismissing these reports, the Office of the Vice President stated unequivocally that Dr Bawumia’s focus is to assist “His Excellency the President in the execution of his agenda to transform Ghana. This is where everybody’s focus should be”.
He, therefore, urged all Ghanaians and party members to stay focused and rally their support behind the President in his second term in office.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership