Musician Fameye has revealed that he used to do many menial jobs including clearing rubbish from homes as a means to make a living.
Speaking in an interview on Hitz FM, the Praise hitmaker revealed that he used to work in Kwabenya, Ashongman estates and other neighbouring communities.
He revealed that he would go to people’s houses in the morning to collect waste and sell ‘sobolo’ to his residents.
Fameye noted that one of the houses he used to work at belonged to his girlfriend’s family.
He explained that he shudders to recall his past these days because it brings him so much pain.
Fameye noted that he puts everything about his past in his music now. He added that those experiences and his aspirations inspired his Praise song and subsequently his album Songs of Peter.
The album puts his life into perspective and it is also a manifestation of what he wants his future to be, Fameye added.
The musician says he wants to work hard enough to not return to that life of struggle and poverty.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- US halts Blinken China visit after spy balloon row
- 150 unemployed youth from Tamale enrolls in the Sinapi Aba Youth Apprenticeship Program
- You’re responsible for your personal well-being, take charge – Ariel the Wellness Coach
- The BMPS Show: Is being vulnerable to your partner a sign of weakness?