The Majority Chief Whip Frank Annoh-Dompreh has promised to continue to support schools in his Constituency.
The Nsawam/Adoagyiri MP said this is to make the constituency move from being the best municipality in the Eastern Region in the 2020 BECE to become the national best municipality in the upcoming basic school exams.
Mr Annoh-Dompreh has, therefore, urged the teachers and students in basic schools to work hard to ensure the realisation of his target for the municipality and constituency.
TheMajority Chief Whip said this on Monday when he distributed reading materials, exercise books and some PPEs to 10 basic schools in the constituency.
He did this in collaboration with Books To Africa UK, which is aimed to help promote literacy in basic schools.
Mr Annoh-Dompreh said, together with other stakeholders, he is embarking on rigorous literacy advocacy in the constituency to help improve academic performance in the basic schools.
The beneficiary schools of the donation include Bishop Ato JHS, Adoagyiri Roman Catholic Boys Primary, Adoagyiri Roman Catholic Girls Primary, Adoagyiri Roman Catholic JHS, Sakyikrom United Primary, Sakyikrom United JHS, A.M.E Zion Basic Schools, Nsawam SDA Basic ‘A’, Oparekrom MA Basic School and Nana Osae Djan Basic School.
The headteachers of the beneficiary schools commended Mr Annoh-Dompreh for his support and his immense contribution to promoting education in the Nsawam/Adoagyiri Municipality.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between January, September 2022 – Ablakwa
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- AMA to clear traders selling at unauthorised places
- Provide level-playing field for all presidential candidates – NPP founding member
- A fractured NPP cannot ‘Break the 8’ – Francis Addai-Nimoh
- Mahama Ayariga accuses military of killing 7 of his constituents
- Ghana and EU launch agribusiness platform to boost trade
- Patrick Owusu: Building an Excellent Life – The heart of a diligent fellow
- Debt exchange: Don’t argue with emotions – John Kumah to bondholders
- ‘Special Olympics’ organised for Police Depot 1 JHS, Dzorwulu Special School to bridge ‘special needs’ barrier
- D Jay shares new song ‘Morning Stress’
- Classroom Mothers: Nursing mother, 17, returns to school after childbirth
- ‘Kwabena Awuku will explain why he slapped me one day’ – Kobby Kyei
- Government starts construction of hostel facilities for head potters – Local Government Ministry
- The bizarre tale of Queen Victoria and the ‘stolen’ African boy prince