Dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale has promised to get a blogger jailed this year.
According to him, this would serve as a lesson for all bloggers to be more responsible in executing their duties.
In a post on Facebook, Shatta Wale noted that “this year, alone I want to make sure one blogger goes to prison and learn what is being a professional. Whilst Nigerian bloggers dey praise their own in this current situation, Ghanaian bloggers are spreading false info in the country.”
The ‘Melissa’ hitmaker indicated that he told one Police officer that if the bloggers are not checked, there would not be any discipline in the country.
“I fought for false prophecies. And I will again fight bloggers this year. Watch me,” he added.
This comes months after Shatta wale landed himself in the grips of Police for falsely claiming that he had been shot. His actions followed a supposed prophecy by one prophet who said Shatta Wale would die on a particular day.
The ‘Already’ hitmaker’s actions landed him in jail and the prophet was arrested.
Meanwhile, after reappearing in court on December 7, Shatta Wale’s case was adjourned to January 25, 2022.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’
- How prosperity fuels dowry demand in India
- US debt ceiling deal ready for Congress vote, Joe Biden says