The Bono East Regional Minister, Mr Kwesi Adu Gyan, says he is ready to adopt and promote the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to ensure efficient service delivery in the region.
According to him, ICT would ensure transparency, accountability and efficiency in revenue collection of the Assemblies in line with the district performance assessment tool.
Mr Gyan was speaking at the maiden meeting with heads of departments and a section of the public after assumption of office at Techiman. He urged the people to embrace new working ethics, attitudes and innovation to ensure the Region’s development.
“You must be very strategic to improve revenue mobilization of the Assemblies, harness the rich tourism potentials, enhance security, protect the environment and ensure prudent use of resources,” he added.
Mr Gyan pledged to discharge his duties effectively to build on the laid down foundation to ensure rapid development of the region and the country in general.
“I hope that we can work hard to develop the region together to become more prosperous and to improve the conditions of life of the people with good service delivery,” he said.
The Minister called on stakeholders to assist in the development of the Region with the available natural resource to ensure everyone would have access to employable skills, education, health and potable drinking water in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
He asked the people to adopt the government’s flagship programmes, such as Planting for Food and Jobs and the One District One Factory, so they could provide raw material to feed the existing companies in the area.
He called on the Traditional Authorities, Assembly members, heads of Department, the Clergy, investors, Farmers and opinion leaders to be part of the development process in the region.
The General Secretary to the National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG), Mr Kokro Amankwah, urged the regional Minister to strengthen the institutions to focus on Local Economic Development (LED) to improve the local economy and the life of the people.
He urged the Minister and his team to develop the tourism industry in the area to increase the revenue of the Assemblies.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine