Individual Pension Bondholders are picketing at the Ministry of Finance Monday morning, demanding that they should be exempted totally from the ongoing Domestic Debt Exchange Programme.
About 50 of the bondholders wearing red arm bands have thronged the Ministry’s premises with placards to register their displeasure over their expected inclusion in the programme.
According to convener of the group, Dr Adu Anane Antwi, they are “rejecting government’s 15% coupon rate over 5-year maturity rate.”
He added, “We want to be totally exempted. We want government to officially declare us exempted just like they have exempted the pension funds.”
“Or petition is already with them, so we are picketing here until they listen to us,” he stressed.
Officials of the Ministry of Finance were yet to meet them as at the time of filing this report.
They intend to stay at the Ministry for a few hours, hoping to hear a positive response from the Ministry.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections