A three-day workshop on how to improve the use of technology enabled learning in single and dual-mode open, distance and eLearning institutions in Ghana has commenced.
The programme is being organised by the Regional Training and Research Institute for Distance and Open Learning (RETRIDOL), based at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
The event which started on Monday brought together 40 from 10 universities and the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) at the Laweh University College.
Welcoming participants, Consulting President of Laweh University College, Prof. Goski Alabi emphasised that Open, Distance, and eLearning (ODeL) has become the “New Normal”, thus, it should be embraced and developed for the optimum use and benefits of institutions.
Prof. Christine Ofulue, Director, RETRIDOL, indicated that one of the goals of the workshop is how to motivate learners to think critically about issues and challenges and apply Technology-Enabled Learning tools to solve them.
She underscored the importance of ODeL in universities and called on participants to help develop situation-specific policies to guide their respective institutions.
Resource persons included; Director ICT, Association of African Universities(AAU); Nodumo Dhlamini, Director, Learning Content Management System; Dr Adewale Adesina, and Research Fellow, RETRIDOL.
Topics being treated include the History, Evolution of Distance, Online and Blended Learning; Current Policy in participating institutions; Policy Considerations for Technology-Enabled Learning; Technology-Enabled Learning and Infrastructure Considerations; and ICTs for Teaching and Learning.
Others are Using Multimedia for Teaching and Learning; Identification and Integration of Open Educational Resources; and Quality Assurance Considerations for E-Learning.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Funke Akindele loses mom
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- Kojo Antwi and family to hold 40 days observance for late father
- Livestream: One-on-one with Dr Ato Forson on PM Express
- Medikal, Quamina MP & Yaw TOG join TsaQa on Accra Fanfooler remix
- Enchi: 14 persons arrested over disturbance at NPP constituency elections
- I had a child out of wedlock after 20 years of marriage; my wife never left – Couple shares love journey
- All the newly appointed ministers are competent – Asiedu Kokuro
- NEDCo staff want Managing Director out
- Daniel Kwabena Owusu: Driving inclusive economic growth through the Africa digital economy
- UK property register: What 3 luxury homes reveal about who owns UK real estate
- Persons who collapse during sex have underlying medical conditions – Dr. Osarfo
- AngloGold Ashanti holds 2nd edition of “Start Right, End Well” mentorship programme
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Improvised explosive device was nearly used to blow a bridge in Bawku – Defence Minister