Investor sentiment on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) remained high as five listed firms recorded impressive gains in the month of October, data from the GSE indicates.
The top firms that made significant gains were Benso Oil Palm Plantation (74.83%), Fanmilk (39.75%), Republic Bank (39.53%), Enterprise Ghana (9.13%) and Total (7.96%).
Importantly, the GSE close the month of October with a Year-to-Date gain of 47.52%.
However, the month closed with 23 million shares traded value at ¢34.2 million which represents a decrease of 23.4% and 19.4% respectively, compared to that of September 2021.
Cumulative value of ¢445.26 million and a volume of 423.91 million traded for the year represents a gain of 30.30% and a marginal dip of 3.53% respectively when compared to the previous year.
Ghana Fixed Income Market traded 17.56bn volume
The Ghana Fixed Income Market continued to record gains in performance, closing the month with a volume traded of 17.56 billion, a 71.04% increase over the previous month and same period last year.
The cumulative volume traded from January to October 2021 of 172.61 billion was 103.06%, more than 85.0 billion traded in the same period last year.
|Jan-October 2021||Jan-October 2020|
|Volume||423.9 million||439.39 million|
|GSE Composite Index YTD||47.52%||-18.60%|
|Market Capitalization||¢64.27 billion||¢53.11 billion|
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023
- ‘Reckless’ Gwyneth Paltrow caused Utah ski crash, lawyer says
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win