The Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital has recorded a surge in covid-19 cases since the beginning of this year.
The hospital, in the first 12 days of 2021 has recorded more positive cases than it did for the months of October, November, and December 2020 combined according to its Medical Director.
Speaking at a press conference, Prof. Baafuor Kofi Opoku noted that the positivity rate is rising very fast, “in fact, if we were to draw the gradient, it’s not going to be to the left of 45 degrees but the right approaching 90 degrees.”
“For most parts of November, we had no patient there, in December we had about two or three patience at a time but as I speak to you today, we have nine patience in the treatment centre,” he said on Thursday.
Prof Opoku, therefore, charged the media to continuously sensitise the population on the scourge.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams
- B.A. Mensah: Ghana moves from Petrodollar to Petrogold
- MEASURES project puts Accra under spotlight for sustainable energy strategy development