Chelsea have signed Atletico Madrid striker Joao Felix on loan for the rest of the season for a fee of 11 million euros (£9.7m).
Felix has also signed a one-year extension to his Atletico contract until June 2027.
Boss Graham Potter said injuries had “sharpened” Chelsea’s focus in their pursuit of the Portugal international, with Christian Pulisic ruled out for a couple of months.
“He’s a quality player,” said Potter.
“He will make a difference in the final third of the pitch and I’m looking forward to working with him.
“He’s young, but still has lots of good experience and it’s given us all a bit of a lift.
“I’ve been aware of the potential deal for a while but the injuries we’ve had maybe sharpened our focus on it.
“But it’s nice to get him here and he’s been training today, which is positive for us.”
Arsenal and Manchester United had been linked with the 23-year-old, whose wages Chelsea will pay in full until the end of the season as part of the loan deal.
“Chelsea is one of the great teams in the world,” said Felix.
” I hope to help the team reach their objectives. I am very, very happy to be here and very excited to play at Stamford Bridge.”
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status