Ghana center back Joseph Aidoo says he understands the unwillingness of European clubs to release their players during this international break.
Clubs across Europe have been reluctant to release players for international games this window due to Covid-19.
This comes after specific protocols which state that players might have to quarantine for days after returning from the international break.
Countries such as England, Spain and France have been unwilling to allow Ghanaian players to travel this international break especially because the Black Stars have to play in South Africa which is marked as a Covid-19 red zone. As a result, players who play that game will have to quarantine upon return to Europe.
Celta Vigo defender Joseph Aidoo understands the frustration of clubs to release players especially ahead of the business part of the season.
“For me, Ghana is number one in my heart and I stand for Ghana. But I really do understand the frustration of the clubs thinking the players will get the virus and it will end up affecting results.”
“However, if the players take really good precautions with the safety measures then everybody will come back safe and sound,” he added.
The former Inter Allies player has featured in eight games for Ghana but will not be part of the squad to face to South Africa and Sao Tome.
Listen to the full interview below:
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming