Joy Business’ Ebenezer Kweku Sabutey over the weekend received an award as the Best ICT Reporter of the year at the just ended Ghana Information Technology and Telecom Awards (GITTA) in Accra.
The awards scheme by Instinct Wave in its 12th year has been one of the most celebrated Information Communication Technology awards in recent times that may be arguably referred to as the “Oscars” of the ICT and Telecom Industry”.
The recognition follows his key role as a Business Journalist in consistently projecting the sector through his impactful reportage.
He had been in the business journalism industry for over 10 years, reporting and analysing issues on economics, banking, ICT and finance.
He has worked as both Reporter and Editor at notable media organisations including the Business Week, the Business Analyst, among others.
Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Minister for Communications and Digitalisation, Ama Pomah Boateng underscored the importance of ICT promotion in the daily live activities and business operations.
“The ICT and telecom industry has cemented its position as the most important enabler of development and I must say that GITTA has over the years played a significant role in the industry by recognising the change makers and those providing digital leadership. And by so doing, spurring businesses and corporate leaders to innovate and provide better and more efficient services and products”.
The Minister for Communications and Digitalisation, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful was honoured as Digital Leader of the Year, whilst ABSA Bank was adjuged the Innovate ATM Enabler of the year.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- I owe Ghana for contributing to my success – Basketmouth
- NPP directs party flags to fly at half-mast to mourn Philip Basoah
- Highlights of #SportsZone on JoyPrime: Monday, March 27, 2023
- ECG disconnects 3 blocks at Osu Police Barracks over power theft
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Drug addiction is a spiritual thing – Noah King
- Jr NBA: US Second Gentleman conducts all girls’ basketball clinic in Accra
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Institution of Engineering opens 53rd Conference in Takoradi
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris