Member of Parliament for Adansi Asokwa, Kobina Tahir Hammond, is the talk of the town on social media.
The legislator is co-chairing the ongoing probe of the motion of censure against Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta.
The hearing commenced today with many highlights already stoking conversation among Ghanaians.
Conspicuously noticeable is K.T. Hammond’s interesting style in steering the Committee’s affairs which social media users apparently have a lot to say about.
The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin on November 10, constituted the Committee, which has seven days to submit its report.
It comprises Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings, Bernard Ahiafor on the Minority side and Patrick Yaw Boamah, Kwame Anyimadu-Antwi and Andrew Agyapa Mercer from the Majority side.
It is co-chaired by K.T. Hammond and Bolgatanga East MP, Dominic Ayine.
Find reactions to the Adansi Asokwa MP’s chairmanship below:
God bless @samgeorgegh for pushing for this committee hearing to be televised live; and letting us see KT Hammond as Co-Chair. This is not funny!— Emmanuel Adjei Bekoe (@eadjeibekoe) November 15, 2022
KT Hammond said, “Herrh, are you that brave” to a fellow member of Parliament. Lmao. This guy!— Otto Addo (@case__5) November 15, 2022
Did I hear KT Hammond say on National TV that he “doesn’t buy fuel so doesn’t know if fuel prices are high”? 😲— Isaac J.K Bediako (@ike_official1) November 15, 2022
No wonder some of these politicians are out of touch with the realities of hardships Ghanaians are facing. Smh
The arrogance and boldness with which he quickly snapped.
I’m just remembering what KT Hammond said about Ghanaian youth sometime ago and I’m comparing it to his mannerism today as a chair of committee and I just wonder… What did Ghana do wrong to have people like him in such positions?🤦🤦🤦 It’s pathetic to say the least— Manny (@MrMa_nuel) November 15, 2022
If you’re looking for a real dictator in Ghana. Look for KT Hammond.— Isaac J.K Bediako (@ike_official1) November 15, 2022
KT Hammond is not fit to moderate such an important discourse. He’s deliberately watering the atmosphere with an unsolicited comic-display. His demeanor, very rusty for such a job. Why do we reduce everything to a complete comedy in this country? No sense of urgency. Why???— Brooks🖤🇬🇭™ (@TheManBrooks) November 15, 2022
Gabby Okyere Darko giving KT Hammond signs to check his phone(chairman). We are finished as country.— Nana Addo🇬🇭🍫 (@Blarq1) November 15, 2022
Cassiel Ato Forson: “You have been interjecting me every second”— Kennedy Tetteh (@kennedytetteh) November 15, 2022
KT Hammond: “To make sure that you have a free flow”
lmaooooo…Ah how? Your man just dey frustrate them.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group