The National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Komenda/ Edina/ Eguafo/ Abirem (KEEA) Constituency has sent words of congratulations to running mate to flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama.
The party says, it feels honoured with the nomination of Prof. Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang and will do everything possible to support the Presidential candidate of the NDC to win the 2020 elections.
In a statement signed by the party’s Communications Director in the constituency, Kobby Asmah, the party said, it welcomes the nomination and sees it as an honour bestowed on the constituency, especially as the running mate is from the area.
“It is an honour and a great pleasure for us, the KEEA NDC Constituency Executives and the entire people of KEEA. We are more than delighted that one of our own has been nominated to serve in the high office of Vice-Presidential Candidate of our great party, the NDC.”
The statement continued, “We would like to assure you of our constant readiness to support and work with you and team John & Jane towards victory 2020 come December 7th.
According to the statement, the decisive nomination of Prof. Opoku-Agyemang is a clear indication that the NDC will win the 2020 elections adding that the Presidential candidate couldn’t have made a better choice.
“Your unrivaled achievements in academia and as a former Minister of Education is a unique asset that will enable H. E. John Dramani Mahama and the NDC to give this country the strong leadership that has been lacking under Akuffo Addo/Bawumia administration,” the statement praised.
The statement concluded, “as a wonderful daughter of Komenda and a great pillar of this Constituency, your nomination has been received with joy by the rank and file of the party in KEEA and has even come as an added motivation for our women, fishmongers, traders and career women to go all out to take part in the ongoing voters registration exercise so they will be able to vote massively for H. E John Mahama for more women to be amplified.”
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Twitter confirms it intends to close deal with Elon Musk
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Uganda confirms death of another medic from Ebola
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- The real reason men cheat is sadder than expected
- If DVLA doesn’t reduce charges, fares will be increased by 30% – GPRTU warns
- Liberia arrests 3, seizes $100m cocaine haul
- World Bank cuts Ghana’s growth rate to 3.5% in 2022
- IMF negotiations: Government must work with greater alacrity – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to meet House of Chiefs, MMDCEs today over galamsey menace
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Afenyo-Markin donates tools and equipment to Winneba NVTI students
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng