Parliament’s Appointments Committee is expected to resume vetting of its final ministerial appointee nominated by President Akufo-Addo on Friday.
Finance Minister-designate, Ken Ofori-Atta who faced the 26-member Appointments Committee on Thursday, March 25, will tomorrow March 26 reappear before the leadership of the Committee.
The decision to conclude the appointee’s vetting process today was taken by Chairman Joseph Osei-Owusu after the Committee spent approximately 4 hours of vetting at different time intervals.
Mr Ken Ofori-Atta will at 10 am face the Appointments Committee and the hearing will be telecast live on public broadcaster GBC.
Since February, the Finance Minister-designate who has had his vetting process rescheduled due to Covid-19 health-related issues today addressed many sensitive issues including the controversial Agyapa Royalties Agreement, the 2021 budget statement, the public debt stock and ways to source various projects from the various ministries.
According to him, the Agyapa deal is clean and will inject equity capital into the economy which has been heavily impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
He also added that the Ghana Cares “Obaatan pa” programme will rebound and grow the country’s economy to up to 5%.
Although Mr Ofori-Atta touched on the aforementioned concerns, he is expected to elaborate further on some of these issues during tomorrow’s vetting.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Akufo-Addo reiterates commitment to protecting environment at Green Ghana Day
- As Ghanaians take climate action in planting 10million trees in a day
- Champions League final: Simone Inzaghi – the ‘nice guy’ who turned Inter Milan fortunes around
- Eugene Osei Tutu: Taxing the Blood; Reusable Pads is the surest way to end Period Poverty
- Manchester City: ‘Hysterical and ‘hated at times’ – Pep Guardiola is already the greatest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes