Musician and blogger Augustus Koranteng Kyei popularly known as Kobby Kyei has reacted to the assault on him by musician Shatta Wale’s photographer.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on the Daybreak Hitz, he was asked why he was slapped to which he said: “I know Kwabena Awuku very well. So we were backstage and I went to tap him to just say hello. Immediately I tapped him, he turned and slapped me,” he said on Hitz FM.
“I think it was Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ and Shatta Wale was billed to perform as the headline act. Kwabena Awuku used to work with Sarkodie so I had that rapport with him. That is why I tapped him.”
Kobby Kyei went further to say that he was contemplating whether he should react to the slap or not.
According to him, he heard a voice in his head telling him how to handle the situation.
“If I react, the media people are around are going to record and put this on tape and my children are not going to be happy if they see it. Therefore, I moved to my hotel and came back to Accra the next day”
Andy further asked him if he was given any reason for the slap.
He said Shatta Wale in an interview on one platform was asked about the slapping incident and his response was, “as Sarkodie’s blogger, what are you doing at another artist’s show?
Kobby Kyei said that Shatta Wale’s response broke his heart.
The blogger added that he believes in posterity and that one day, he [Kwabena Awuku], will explain why he slapped him.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents