Arsenal moved to the top of the nascent Premier League table after a 2-1 lunchtime victory over a spirited Burnley team at the Emirates Stadium.
The win keeps up the momentum for Unai Emery’s side after their opening weekend victory in Newcastle. Arsenal were frustrated by Burnley’s high-intensity harrying in the first half but took over the game in the second half to claim a deserved victory.
Strikers Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were both on target for Arsenal, either side of a third strike of the season for Ashley Barnes.
Dani Ceballos had a hand in both goals for Arsenal and excelled in the centre of midfield. Another new arrival, Nicolas Pepe, had a promising second half as Arsenal found their rhythm. Emery will have a lot to consider when selecting his team for the trip to Anfield next week.
Although the defeat will frustrate Sean Dyche there was enough promise in Burnley’s first half performance to give them confidence for the rest of the season.
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change