Audio By Carbonatix
Benjamin Kofi Quashie, the Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) South Africa branch, has dismissed the trending flight saga in which the Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin South, Rev Ntim Fordjour, alleged that certain flights were being used to traffic illegal drugs in the country.
Speaking on JoyPrime's News Flash on Monday, April 7, he argued that discussions should be centred around the pressing issues that truly matter to Ghanaians, such as the needs of the people, rather than focusing on what he deems an unfounded saga.
"We should discuss matters of butter and bread for our people rather than wasting time on this Airbus saga," he said.
He urged that the matter should not be given undue attention, as he believes the government has provided enough information about the flight.
"When I was coming here (to the show) I decided that this matter has been settled because when you listen to Sammy Gyamfi (NDC National Communication Officer) on the Newsfile and if you listen to the interviews that the Military and Narcotic Control Board (NACOB) have granted and the videos that have been shown, I just think that we should move on from this subject," he said.
However, Mr. Quashie maintains that without concrete proof by Rev. Fordjour, the issue should not be allowed to dominate national discourse.
Rev. Fordjour who doubles as a ranking Member of Parliament's Defence and Interior Committee last week called on authorities to reveal the contents of these aircraft, expressing suspicion that they may have been used for drug trafficking or money laundering.
In response, the Minister of State in charge of Government Communications has dismissed the claims made by the Assin South MP.
According to him, the MP has peddled falsehoods over the claims.
Latest Stories
-
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
35 minutes -
Communique: Democracy Not for Sale Forum – Ho Edition
55 minutes -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
56 minutes -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
1 hour -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
1 hour -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
2 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
2 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
2 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
3 hours -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
3 hours -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
3 hours -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
3 hours