Ghanaian Afrobeat musician Kelvyn Boy has urged Ghanaian musicians to tap into Nigerian sounds rather than try to compete with them.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, he mentioned that Nigerian music should be welcomed. “They tap all the time and I feel like we are now tapping as well instead of competing”, he added.
According to the ‘Toffee’ singer, Ghanaian music has chalked success and musicians must appreciate their efforts in making music brewed in Ghana one of Africa’s pride.
“I don’t believe in competing. This is not the right time to complain. We want to be number one, while we know that Nigerians currently hold that spot. We should be okay with being number two and work properly on it.”
Kelvynboy has released a new song titled Down Flat which is fast making waves on the music scene. The singer is a strong Afrobeat advocate who believes that Ghanaians need to admit that the Afrobeat genre is one which will give Ghana that global recognition it deserves with regards to music.
He told Andy Dosty that his new song, ‘Down Flat’, is drawing a lot of attention from Afrobeat giants in Nigeria. “I am getting a lot of feedback from Nigeria. We only need to tighten a few loose screws and work together. We have to admit that we need to learn from them”, he enunciated.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris