Former President, John Dramani Mahama has sought to placate all unsuccessful contestants who sought national executive positions in the National Democratic Congress (NDC) at its just-ended national delegates congress held in Accra.
Mr Mahama said there is enough room for everyone in the party to contribute their quota.
According to him, no one would be sidelined, and that they should not feel disappointed.
Speaking after the swearing in of the newly elected national executives, Mr Mahama asked winners to be measured in their celebration.
He also urged them to reach out to losers and involve them in whatever processes they embark upon.
“This celebration must be very short. We must cut it short and get to work immediately. As I said, we are all the winners.
“For those who were elected, we must be gracious in victory and for those who have lost, let us understand that there is a lot of room under the umbrella for everybody,” he said.
The party organised its 10th National Delegates Congress to elect its new executives on Saturday, December 17.
Delegates of the party converged at the Accra sports Stadium for the exercise.
Some 9,200 delegates from the 276 constituencies took part in the exercise.
At the end of the contest, Mr Johnson Asiedu Nketiah won the National Chairman position, beating his ‘good friend’ and incumbent chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Housemate to be charged over murder of LGBTQ activist
- Idris Elba in talks to open film studio in Tanzania
- Nigeria election 2023: The oil land with no electricity
- Pope in DR Congo: ‘Hands off Africa’ says Pope Francis in Kinshasa speech
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDE: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh
- SIGA targets 25% contribution to GDP by SOEs in 2023
- First male principal leads St. Monica’s College of Education
- Education Minister to appear before Education Committee of Parliament over ‘Placement for Sale’ documentary