Statistics from the Ghana Health Service (GHS) indicates that a total of 8,400 children die prematurely out of the 140,000 childbirths every year, while 2,822 women died during childbirth between 2014 and 2016.
These staggering statistics of infant and maternal mortality forms the basis for the new weekly reality show on pregnancy and childbirth, Nyinsɛn Ne Awoͻ, on Adom 106.3 FM.
Nyinsɛn Ne Awoͻ follows a first-time pregnant woman on her daily journey to becoming a mother.
The show captures her daily experiences and the changes that come with pregnancy.
Nyinsɛn Ne Awoͻ is aimed at providing supplementary health tips and specialist perspectives for the benefit of expectant mothers and other listeners, who otherwise may not be able to access pre-natal and post-natal health care.
Beyond first time pregnant women, the show also seeks to educate women who have been pregnant before, as every pregnancy comes with its own experiences.
Nyinsɛn Ne Awoͻ, a weekly show produced by Maabena Duho Mensah, and hosted by Adom TV screen diva Afia Amankwaah Tamakloe, airs every Sunday beginning November 26, 2017, from 8.00pm to 9.00pm on Adom 106.3 FM.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How humor can change your relationship
- Why global warming is a serious threat to our mental health
- Alcohol 'more damaging to brain health than marijuana'
- Tricky relationship signs that subtly tell, you should run!
- FDA warns public against purchase of 'penis enlargement capsule,' others
- Are you getting too much sleep?
- How to spot a lie in a text message
- No more sleeping sickness; experts embrace Fexinidazole pill
- A common struggle: Living with the fear of fears
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn