The Member of Parliament for Bibiani-Anhwiaso-Bekwai Constituency in the Western region, Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu has inaugurated five Community-based Health Planning and Service (CHPS) compounds in the Bibiani Municipality.
The MP, who is also Deputy Health Minister, indicated that the projects were financed through his share of the National Health Insurance Scheme funds allocated for members of parliament and also with the support from the $1million per each constituency initiative.
According to him, it is the vision of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government to provide health facilities closer to every individual to boost access to health care.
This he said, is to meet the Millennium Development Goals (MDG5) which focuses on universal health coverage which challenges countries to ensure that access to quality health care is universal and equitable for all, irrespective of location, economic status, age and gender.
Mr. Gyedu said government is determined to provide a CHPS Compounds to at least one electoral area within the country to ensure the well-being of the people.
The beneficiary communities were Lineso, Chine, Ntakam, Akaasu and Sefwi Apenkrom, all suburbs of Bibiani.
He tasked the health workers posted to the various CHPS compounds to be respectful, committed, patience and desist from rude attitude to the people.
Mr Gyedu also advised the constituents to renew their insurance cards to guarantee them access to health care.
On his part, the chief of Sefwi Ntakam, who doubles as Abakomahene of Sefwi Anhwiaso Traditional area, Nana Kwadwo Somiah ll, who spoke on behalf of the beneficiary communities, commended the government and the MP for their tremendous performance within their short period in power.
He pledged to ensure regular maintenance of the facilities to preserve it for future use.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- When your temper becomes a free ticket to prison
- Invest in monitoring of preeclampsia - APEC GH
- After breaking up with her cheating boyfriend, this woman lost almost half her size
- We marry character, not love – Counselor
- All 275 constituencies ‘to get ambulances in August’
- Fashion Friday: Online store carrying celebrities' favorite African designer brands
- AIDS Commission criticised for ignoring ‘potential HIV breakthrough cure’
- This is what no one tells you about divorce
- New malaria vaccine safe, 'rigorously' tested - MoH
- Ban on alcohol not solution to responsible drinking – FDA told
- First Lady cuts sod for new health centre at Kwame Anum
- Why people have makeup sex after an argument and why it's so hot
- Avoid buying herbal ‘drugs’ that promise multiple cures
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society