Mrs Delese Mimi Darko, the chief executive of the Food and Drugs Authority, has been nominated for the 2018 United Nations Interagency Taskforce on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases Awards.
In 2018, the United Nations Interagency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases (Task Force) introduced a set of awards to recognize individuals and institutions that are making outstanding contributions towards achieving the NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals.
"The Task Force Secretariat received a large number of nominations and I have the honour to inform you that you have been nominated for one of the 2018 awards," a letter to Mrs Darko signed by Dr Nicholas Banatala, Head of Secretariat of the Taskforce said.
The Awards will be presented at the margins of the Third High-level meeting on NCDs on 27 September, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Mrs. Darko is a pharmacist with over 25 years’ experience in the regulation of medicines with respect to clinical trials regulation, marketing authorization and post-approval safety monitoring of medicines.
She has played key leadership roles in the regulation of clinical trials in Africa, resulting in the FDA Ghana, in 2013, being designated by the NEPAD/AMRH as a Regional Centre for Regulatory Excellence (RCORE) in Clinical Trials and Drug Registration.
Mrs. Darko serves on several international and local advisory committees including the CIOMS Vaccine Safety Working Group, the African Regulators’ Network, and the Technical Coordinating Committee of the African Vaccines Regulatory Forum of which she is the current chairperson.
She is the Secretary to the two Technical Advisory Committees of the FDA for Safety and Clinical Trials.
She has chaired and made presentations on the regulation of medicines, marketing authorization, clinical trials regulation and pharmacovigilance in various national and international conferences.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- The suicide survivor who was arrested at work
- Take charge of your heart – Cardiologist
- UNFPA, GHS launch ‘Time with Grandma’ to tackle teenage pregnancy
- How to choose love over lust in everyday life
- Joy as Zipline drone delivers medication to 11-year-old sickle cell patient
- First Lady interacts with women groups on F2S HIV campaign
- Three errors today’s fathers must not repeat
- Men and women share the 'simple rules' for a better relationship
- African countries 'pay 30 times more' for drugs
- Gloria Vanderbilt: US fashion icon and heiress dies aged 95
- What does a healthy relationship with an ex look like?
- Multi-million dollar new UW hospital 99% complete but…
- 7 Global research institutions launch clinical test into new malaria treatment
- World Bank urges Ghana to deal with stunting in children
- 5 reasons i'm thankful for being in a long-distance relationship