Somotex Ghana Limited on Sunday, May 12 shared dined with mothers and female patients of the Accra Psychiatric Hospital to mark Mother’s Day.
“Our aim is geared towards providing the necessary support and to assist Accra Psychiatric Hospital to become the leading psychiatric institution in Ghana and West Africa through best practice in psychiatric care, a dedicated workforce and friendly environment for clients,” said Nii Ayi Hyde, the Managing Director of Somotex Ghana Limited.
The gesture, he noted, forms part of Somotex’s comprehensive approach to work and commitment to enhancing the lives of Ghanaians and people within the communities in which they operate.
Marketing Manager of Somotex, Frank Mickson-Yeboah also said since its inception in 1986, Somotex has constantly evolved to attain distinction with continuous innovation across the Commercial Air-conditioning sector and consumer electronics.
“Our strategic intent for the past three decades has employed a ‘first move’ advantage strategy by positioning Somotex as a leader in the assembling and distribution of Consumer Electronics in Ghana.”
He said Somotex Ghana Limited in partnership with its affiliate, Mohinani Group, launched a recycling and waste management campaign and competition across Ghana, to educate and sensitise citizens and the younger generation on proper waste management and disposal.
The campaign was also to promote a safe and healthy environment for all. The competition has seen the group in partnership with Environment 360, educate over 30,000 students across 70 schools, on recycling and waste management,” he added.
Mr. Mr. Mickson-Yeboah said: “We are poised to leverage on our strong network of operating units, redistribution channels, retail outlets, shops, QSR’s and after-sales team with the aim of caring and delighting our customers/clients. We are fully committed to delighting our shoppers and customers with resourceful products and technologies."
In 2018, Somotex was adjudged the Electronics Company of the Year by Ghana Business Awards owning to a number of successful Corporate Social Responsibility programs involving giving back to the communities where they operate.
Electromart, the retail arm of Somotex, is a three-time Multiple CIMG Award recipient for Best Electronics Retail outlet of the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 with 20 Electromart showrooms and four world-class service centers across Ghana.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Invest in monitoring of preeclampsia - APEC GH
- After breaking up with her cheating boyfriend, this woman lost almost half her size
- We marry character, not love – Counselor
- All 275 constituencies ‘to get ambulances in August’
- Fashion Friday: Online store carrying celebrities' favorite African designer brands
- AIDS Commission criticised for ignoring ‘potential HIV breakthrough cure’
- This is what no one tells you about divorce
- New malaria vaccine safe, 'rigorously' tested - MoH
- Ban on alcohol not solution to responsible drinking – FDA told
- First Lady cuts sod for new health centre at Kwame Anum
- Why people have makeup sex after an argument and why it's so hot
- Avoid buying herbal ‘drugs’ that promise multiple cures
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society
- Breastfeeding may lower women's risk for heart disease