Member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Linda Assibi Awuni, has expressed her will to represent the party in the Adentan Constituency.
The engineer has communicated her plan to contest the position in the party’s upcoming parliamentary primaries scheduled for May 13, 2023.
In a statement announcing her intent, the KNUST alumni said her quest was “borne out of my resolve to ensure a better leadership for the Adentan Constituency and Ghana under John Mahama in 2025 and beyond.”
She believes her contribution will be geared towards helping the opposition party secure election victory in 2024.
“Furthermore, with the support and prayers of the constituency executives, Council of Elders and the rank and file of the party and with hard work, I will lead the party to retain the seat of NDC in Adentan Constituency in the 2024 general elections,” she said in a communiqué.
Linda Assibi Awuni holds a BSc. in Geological Engineering from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
She also holds a post-graduate diploma in Project Management from the Galilee Institute of Management in Israel.
Currently, she is the Managing Director of BOHA Engineering Limited, an indigenous company specialising in providing engineering solutions and services to industries across Ghana and beyond.
Her father was the first assemblyman for Gbentanaa-Manmomo electoral area in the Adentan before it was carved out of Ashiaman.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain
- Funeral is a huge business – Veteran broadcaster Yaw Okyere
- They’re your battle scars – Yul Edochie urges Funke Akindele to restore deleted politics-related posts