Lucy Quist, the author of the Bold New Normal and a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley in the United Kingdom has been unveiled as the 7th Vlisco Brand Ambassador for the year 2022.
She takes over from Madam Yawa Hansen-Quao who served in that capacity last year.
This is an initiative by the textile brand to use influential women in society to empower customers and cause positive change in society.
Managing Director for Vlisco Ghana, Fatoumata Doro told Journalists that the choice of Lucy couldn’t come at a better time when the global environment is moving towards smart working and use of science and technology.
“This year’s Vlisco Brand Ambassador is yet again an outstanding woman who has distinguished herself in the field of STEM, recognised on several platforms as a role model both locally and internationally”.
“As the author of the Bold New Normal, a book challenging the mindset of the youth in nation building and creativity, Lucy is certainly the right fit for what the Vlisco brand stands for- Respect, Empower, Engage, and Inspire”, she explained.
“Lucy is a trailblazer, a woman in leadership; fashionable and inspiring. She represents a queen, a change maker, a leader who inspire and she is our Ambassador who will help project the diversity and equality messages”, Fatoumata Doro, pointed out.
During her one-year reign as Brand Ambassador, Lucy will collaborate with Vlisco in providing mentorship to selected women including employees while using her influence to create awareness on a passionate cause of her choice with a donation of Euros 5,000 from Vlisco Ghana.
Her role as ambassador includes representing the Vlisco brand at key events, supporting promotional campaigns in connection with the brand values and collaborating on various online campaigns geared towards brand building and women empowerment.
She will also advise the company on its diversity strategy which is to achieve 40% women ratio by 2025.
Expressing her excitement at the event, Lucy Quist indicated her commitments to protect the brand and make Ghanaian products outstanding.
‘My values of authenticity and originality align with Vlisco’s brand personality. It is an honour to join the league of Dr Mrs Ellen Hagan; Eugenia Tachie-Menson; Elizabeth Akua Nyarko Patterson; Regina Honu; Edith Uyovbukerhi and Yawa Hansen-Quao, who I am taking over from as Brand Ambassador. It is exciting to be recognised for the work we do and what we stand for as women. I look forward to shaping the future of this nation with my experience under the umbrella of the Vlisco brand” she said.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- How long does it take to fall in love?
- Ghana Cedi: From worst to best performer against dollar
- COVID-19: Vulnerable populations face higher burden of morbidity and mortality – Health Minister
- George Floyd: Ex-officer J Alexander Kueng sentenced for manslaughter
- Stay away from workers’ pension funds – CWU tells government
- Canada: Quebec makes oath to King optional for politicians
- Ghana produces first locally trained Geriatrician
- Alan Kyerematen mobbed by NPP grassroots at party’s headquarters
- The self-proclaimed kingdom that doesn’t recognise Germany
- World Cup 2022: Morocco hope for ‘breakthrough’ for Africa in quarter-final against Portugal
- Haruna Iddrisu, others laud Opare Addo for his good works as NDC National Youth Organsier
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- D’banj released from custody over lack of evidence – lawyer
- IOM, JICA donate equipment and ambulances to GHS
- Debt-ridden Ghana’s cedi posts world’s biggest gain against US dollar