The presidential candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Mahama has met and had discussions with former president Jerry John Rawlings.
His visit to Mr Rawlings on Saturday, July 4, 2020, according to Mr Mahama, was to deliberate on NDC-related issues.
Although he did not state exactly what those party issues were, he described the conversation as “very warm discussions as always”, in a twitter post.
I called on @officeofJJR, this morning in his office, to discuss a number of NDC-related issues. Very warm discussions as always. pic.twitter.com/Jv4pzE8Qof— John Dramani Mahama (@JDMahama) July 4, 2020
Mr Rawlings in a similar post said same.
In his tweet, he indicated that “flagbearer former president @JDMahama called on me at my office on Saturday morning during which we held warm discussions on party matters.”
Flagbearer former President @JDMahama called on me at my office on Saturday morning during which we held warm discussions on party matters. pic.twitter.com/KVlczrZ2sM— Jerry John Rawlings (@officeofJJR) July 4, 2020
The meeting comes after numerous rumours are circulating on social media about who Mr Mahama will choose as running mate for the December general elections.
Three names have come up in the last couple of days as suitable candidates.
The list includes former Finance Minister, Kwesi Botchway; former Education Minister, Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang; former boss of the Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), Kwame Awuah Darko and former Agric and Interior Minister, Kwasi Ahwoi.
Also, on the list, according to the Herald Newspaper is former Finance Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and former Chief Executive of the National Petroleum Authority (NPA) as well as the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Alex Mould.
- Alleged coup plotter Dr Mac-Palm reportedly dead
- Kamala visit: Police divert traffic in Accra and Cape Coast from Mar 26 to 29
- Full text: Kamala Harris’ speech upon arrival in Accra
- 9 die in two separate accidents in the Eastern region
- I’m very excited about the future of Africa – Kamala Harris
- Photos of Kamala Harris visit to Ghana
- US Vice President Kamala Harris’ full speech upon arrival in Ghana
- Kweku Antwi-Boasiako: NDC: A word to the wise is enough!
- I intend to do work that will increase investment in Africa – Kamala Harris
- Playback: Special coverage of Kamala Harris’ historic visit to Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- Today’s front pages: Monday, March 27, 2023
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Black Stars: Nicholas Opoku handed late call up for Angola game
- Sniffing body odour is tested as an anxiety therapy
- Israel defence minister fired in legal reform row
- Strike brings Germany’s public transport network to halt
- Tunisia migrants: At least 29 die off coast
- GAA, GES & NSA set to host National Athletics Championship in Kumasi
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose on the road; Medeama beat Kotoko
- Antonio Conte leaves Tottenham Hotspur by mutual consent
- Playback: The Probe discusses the relevance of a hung Parliament
- Upper West Akim MP organises ‘Adom Easter Gala’ competition for constituents
- Prophet urges members not to bring offertory to church