Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester United winger Amad Diallo has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract, until June 2030.
The 22-year-old's previous deal had been due to expire at the end of the season, though the club had the option of triggering a 12-month extension clause.
But United have opted to hand fresh terms to the Ivory Coast international, who has scored six goals in 27 appearances this season.
"I am really proud to have signed this new contract. I have had some incredible moments with this club already but there is so much more to come," Diallo said.
"I have huge ambitions in the game and I want to achieve history at Manchester United.
"It has been a difficult season for everyone, but I fully believe that we are on the right path and the future is going to be really special. I am ready to give everything to help the team and make our supporters proud again."
Diallo joined Manchester United in 2021 from Italian club Atalanta and has scored nine goals in 50 appearances.
"Everyone is delighted with Amad's development," technical director Jason Wilcox said.
"His quality on the ball, versatility and determination make him a key part of the future of Manchester United.
"The best years of his career are ahead of him, and we all look forward to helping Amad to reach his immense potential and achieve success at the club in the coming seasons."
Diallo made just nine appearances for the club in his first three seasons at Old Trafford and was loaned to Glasgow Rangers in the second half of the 2021-22 season.
A season-long loan move to Championship club Sunderland proved transformative for Diallo, with the winger scoring 14 goals in 42 appearances for the Black Cats.
Despite several offers for the Ivorian, then-manager Erik ten Hag opted to keep Diallo at the club for the 2023-24 season.
A knee injury sustained in pre-season kept Diallo out for five months but he soon made up for lost time, scoring a 120th-minute winner in a memorable 4-3 FA Cup quarter-final win against Liverpool at Old Trafford on 17 March 2024.
Diallo became a first-team regular this season and scored a stoppage-time winner against rivals Manchester City at Etihad Stadium in December, before an equaliser in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.
Latest Stories
-
FTF Impact Summit calls for stronger youth collaboration to drive Ghana’s development
2 minutes -
Health Minister assures Ghana has recorded no Ebola cases despite WHO emergency declaration
11 minutes -
Over 101,000 students benefit from government’s No Academic Fees Policy – SLTF
16 minutes -
NPP supporters in Tarkwa-Nsuaem protest alleged irregularities in internal elections
17 minutes -
Adaklu-Helekpe residents gripped by fear following mountain mudslide
17 minutes -
Former Attorney-General condemns Abronye DC’s detention after High Court grants bail
18 minutes -
Nduom welcomes Court of Appeal ruling restoring GN Savings and Loans licence
24 minutes -
Margins Group celebrates NIA@20
25 minutes -
Traders lament slow pace of Krofrom Market reconstruction after recent project resumption
26 minutes -
IMCC engages media practitioners on new Decentralisation policy framework
27 minutes -
Our second coming will be bigger – Nduom on GN Savings and Loans
34 minutes -
Tourism Minister pushes for A-G probe into GH¢33m audit discrepancies
43 minutes -
Gonorrhoea and syphilis hit record levels in Europe
48 minutes -
GNFS intensifies fire safety campaign in Ashanti Region
49 minutes -
Air France and Airbus found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 plane crash
1 hour