The Kylian Mbappe saga is about to end once and for all, as he is set to sign a new deal at Paris-Saint Germain that will see him stay at the club.
MARCA have learned, from sources close to the situation, that Mbappe has informed Real Madrid president Florentino Perez about his decision.
It’s the second time Mbappe has rejected Real Madrid, after he left Monaco for PSG in 2017 and, just like five years ago, this isn’t the outcome Real Madrid hoped for.
Real Madrid and Mbappe had reached an agreement last week regarding the terms of his contract. This included, among other details, the payment of 130 million euros as a signing bonus, the total dominance of the image rights and a very lucrative salary.
However, Mbappe and his team, who have been constantly surrounded by political pressure from Qatar and France, continued to listen to PSG at all times.
“It’s the hardest decision of his life,” those close to him explained.
The French entity has given him everything he has asked for, including a major sum of money, however, the most important factor has been the sporting aspect.
At PSG, Mbappe will have a voice and will be listened to, having an influence in the election of a new sporting director as well as the next coach.
The 23-year-old will also have a say on recruitment to boost the team’s hopes of winning a first Champions League.
Doubts over Mbappe since Friday
Real Madrid’s frustration about the situation turned to doubts on Friday as opinions inside and outside of the club varied and people at the top of the club considered taking drastic measures.
- #FixTheCountry calls for release of arrested protestors in #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstration
- Rwandan serial killer who hid bodies in kitchen pleads guilty
- Sit-in demonstration at EC office to commence on Friday
- Building a successful brand through organizational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday