The maiden edition of the Merit in Movies and Entertainment Awards Africa, (Mime Africa Awards) has officially been launched at the Holiday Inn Hotel.
The event hosted by Hitz FM’s Doreen Avio and Kwesi Kwatia is with a focus on awarding today’s hottest & outstanding entertainment content and personalities, MIME is here to celebrate achievements in film, music, television, sports and general entertainment.
The event was well attended by media personalities and some celebrities which includes Veteran actress Akorfa Ejeani, Filmmaker Pascal Amanfo, Gospel musician Cwesi Oteng. Music producer Fredyma, Spoken word artiste Rhyme Sony and others.
Speaking to CEO of the awards, Eunice Oheneba Asiedu expressed excitement as she explained that she has been wanting to put the awards together since 2019 but due to Covid 19 things got shaky and everything was put on hold.
She stressed that she is happy it has been officially launched and looking to do more work to make this a success.
Veteran actress and Producer Akorfa Ejeani commended organisers and added that awards schemes like the MIME Africa awards encourages the industry to bring their A Game on.
“It will automatically help and make the industry better” she said.
Filmmaker Pascal Amanfo advised that the MIME Africa wards scheme should be encouraged as he believes that people who have found a way to keep the industry going should be given thumbs up.
He commended the likes Shirley Frimpong Manso, Peter Sedufia, Kobi Rana and others are working hard to release movies and hard times like Covid 19 and when things are tough for the industry,
Music Producer Fredyma on the other hand believes the awards will help the area of movies, sports, music, theatre and others which he said is very innovative. He added that it will bring people from different industries under one umbrella to network and do more.
CEO of the awards Eunice Oheneba Asiedu in her statement at the launch also announced that the engagement have started their activities this year.
“On behalf of our team,we are pleased to also announce that, the event marks the beginning of our “CALL TO ENTRY” in the awards across the various announced categories,” she said.
MIME will bring recognize and reward the best across Africa and will be used as a platform to raise the profile of African and international entertainers and content producers of African descent.
- Ghanaians among dozens sentenced for their roles in Atlanta-based $30m fraud and money laundering operation
- Energy sector debt major contributor of Ghana’s debt unsustainability – World Bank Rep
- Ghana beat Nigeria in final to win inaugural WAFU B U-20 Girls’ Cup
- Former DCE for Nkwanta South laid to rest
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- NPP flagbearer race: It will be difficult asking aspirants to sacrifice for another – Joseph Kpemka
- Labour unions request time to mull $2.7bn pension fund restructuring offer
- Ghanaians must speak up against corruption – MFWA
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid after 14 years
- CEM Ability Village: Transforming lives of PWDs through a strategic and long-term solution
- Parents clash in Pride protest at US primary school
- Gender Ministry collaborates with DVLA to provide licenses for persons with disability
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Voltaian Basin Project is the hope of Nothern region and future of Ghana says Yaa Naa
- Civil Service honours Matthew Opoku Prempeh for his ‘outstanding leadership’
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil and diesel in Western Region
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers’ arrears from third term of 2022 academic year to be paid next week – Gender Minister
- Government’s initiatives towards youth development ineffective – Dr Zanetor Rawlings
- Theresa Poku of OHU Farms celebrated at Women Icons event in Koforidua
- Messages with a sense of urgency for you to act often a scam – Fraud investigation specialist
- Daboya unrest: 49 suspects granted bail, others to appear in court on Monday
- ECOWAS Court awards 50m CFA against Burkina Faso for unlawful retirement of civil servant
- Playback: The Law discuss tips to avoid falling victim to cyber scams