Audio By Carbonatix
The Upper East Regional Minister has given more clarification to an incident that resulted in a woman who tested positive for Covid-19, leaving the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital.
According to Paulina Tangoba Abayage, when the 33-year woman reported to the health facility, she was showing signs of the virus but that stopped after her samples were taken.
No longer showing symptoms, she was then allowed to leave by health authorities while her sample was transferred for testing.
JoyNews’ Upper East Regional correspondent, Albert Sore, who was present at the Minister's press briefing, said health authorities were bothered about subsequent rumours that the lady absconded from the facility, hence the clarification.
Speaking to Emefa Apawu on JoyNews, Albert Sore said, “a decision was taken to discharge her from the hospital and so she went home.
"She was discharged on Thursday. The next day, Friday, was the day the test results came out and it turned out positive.
"They then took steps to go and bring the woman back for admission,” the reporter added.
So far, 11 people are said to have come into contact with the woman based on information gathered from her visit to the hospital, authorities at the press conference said.
The 11 have since been contacted and are in self-isolation. Their samples have also been taken for testing.
Meanwhile, the Newborn unit at the Maternity ward of the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital where the infected woman visited, has been scheduled for a fumigation exercise on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
1 hour -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
1 hour -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
2 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
3 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
4 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
5 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
5 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
6 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
7 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
7 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
7 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
7 hours