Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies across the country are set to be inaugurated on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
This follows the successful completion of the District Level Elections held across the country a month ago.
“The programmes are expected to start at 9:00am for the morning session and 2:00 pm for the afternoon session,” a government communique said.
“Regional Ministers are kindly requested to take the necessary steps to ensure that all MMDAs within their jurisdiction are prepared for this important ceremony,” the statement added.
An inaugural speech by the President and an itinerary is expected to be the Regional Ministers in due time to aid preparations for the inauguration.
The MMDAs as well as their Unit Committees were dissolved on October 7, 2019 to pave way for the District Level Elections.
Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) were tasked to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the executive and administrative functions of their respective assemblies in line with Article 243(2)B of the 1992 Constitution during the period of dissolution.
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Cop fires gun and assaults civilians at Kaneshie Bishop
- mPharma launches new price-focused service for chronic medications
- Man allegedly sodomised 13-year-old daughter granted ¢100k bail
- BoG delayed in increasing policy rate – World Bank
- Flight attendant charged with stealing $8k bracelet
- Mahama to address CEO Summit at Liberty University in Virginia
- Twitter confirms it intends to close deal with Elon Musk
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Uganda confirms death of another medic from Ebola
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- The real reason men cheat is sadder than expected
- If DVLA doesn’t reduce charges, fares will be increased by 30% – GPRTU warns
- Liberia arrests 3, seizes $100m cocaine haul
- World Bank cuts Ghana’s growth rate to 3.5% in 2022
- IMF negotiations: Government must work with greater alacrity – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to meet House of Chiefs, MMDCEs today over galamsey menace