A mobile money vendor has been shot in the chest by armed robbers at Kalariga in the Tamale metropolis of the Northern Region.
According to eyewitnesses, the armed robbers who came on a motorbike also shot two others; one in the leg and the other in the head.
JoyNews gathers the robbers made away with a bag containing money.
This is the second robbery attack on a mobile money vendor after an earlier one a couple of days ago around the Afa Ajura mosque.
Today’s robbery which happened around 7 pm drew a large mob to the scene.
Incensed by the actions of the robbers, the mob reportedly attacked two Fulani men who appeared at the scene because the alleged robbers were said to be Fulanis.
They also set ablaze a motor they were riding.
The police were called in to help bring the situation under control.
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- Adopt cutting-edge technologies to manage risks – Dr. Ibn Chambas to insurers
- Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s statement on state of the economy
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- Cocoa farmers threaten to ‘smuggle’ product to Ivory Coast if producing price is not increased
- There’s no need for media editorial on galamsey – Aisha Huang’s lawyer
- Fatawu Issahaku needs more precision with his shooting – Otto Addo
- Africa Movie Academy Awards: ‘Borga’ tops nomination list, ‘Road To My Father’s Compound’ lands 5 nods
- Lands Ministry begins reclamation of degraded galamsey sites – NAELP Coordinator
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority
- “Economy is gradually on upswing despite numerous shocks” – Finance Minister
- Credit purchase challenges with prepaid metres being fixed – ECG
- 17 OMCs failed to pay taxes – Auditor-General’s Report
- Government meets fiscal deficit target of 5.3% of GDP, current expenditure contained
- Homes flooded in Kumasi after hours of rain