Defending champions of the MTN FA Cup, Asante Kotoko comfortably beat Thunderbolt at the Nana Afrane Okese IV Park in Ejisu on Saturday.
Evans Adomako continued his good form scoring in the first five minutes, heading in a cross from Sarfo Taylor.
Five minutes later, Thunderbolt grabbed their equaliser through Napoleon Boateng.
A first time finish early in the second half gave Adomako his second goal of the game to restore Kotoko’s lead.
Emmanuel Gyamfi put the game beyond Thunderbolt after connecting with a Fabio Gama pass in the penalty box.
Hearts of Oak similarly cruised through their round of 32 tie against Windy Professionals on Sunday.
The Phobians missed quite a number of opportunities before Daniel Barnieh broke the deadlock in the second half.
Barnieh turned provider for Hearts’ second goal as Emmanuel Nettey just had to tap the ball into an empty net.
Windy Professionals benefitted from some clumpsy defending to pull one goal back.
But quick fire goals from Benjamin Afutu and Manaf Umar put the game beyond the Division Two side.
Medeama beat Karela 2-1 to progress to the round of 16. However, the game was overshadowed by fan attacks.
Reports from the game suggest that fans, journalists and players were assaulted and attacked during the game
The referee had to delay the game multiple times as the fans in the stands launched objects at the players.
In other round of 32 results:
Kintampo Fc 2-0 Sunyani Reformers
Steadfast FC 1-4 Berekum Chelsea
Paga Crocodile 0-1 Aduana Stars
Young Wise 1-1 (5-4 pen) WAFA SC
Aboi Young Star 1-2 AshGold
Kintampo Top Talents 2-1 Kato Freedom Fighters
Heart of Lions 0-0 (2-4 pen) Great Olympics
Tamale City 1-0 Techiman City
Elmina Sharks 0-0 (4-2 pen) Vipers
Asokwa Deportivo 1-0 Skyy FC
Okwahu United 1-1 (3-4 pen) Attram De Visser
- Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
- 14-year-old boy impregnates roommate, 16
- Traveller apologises for lashing out at KIA Covid-19 testing officials over results
- IGP assures #FixTheCountry protesters of maximum protection on August 4 demo
- Collins Dauda prosecution is Akufo-Addo’s poor excuse for abandoning Saglemi project – Sammy Gyamfi
- Ghana, others to benefit from $650bn fund from IMF to fight Covid-19 pandemic impact
- Man who murdered wife over divorce threats dies of poisoning
- Tokyo 2020: Samuel Takyi wins bronze in boxing, Ghana’s first Olympic medal since 1992
- From selling charcoal to serving in the air force
- There is nothing wrong with borrowing to create 1 million jobs – Dr Stephen Amoah
Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Labour demands for money where is the justification’
Bear with us for the increases in bread prices – Bakers appeal
GHS may review guidelines to allow challenge to Covid-19 test results if necessary
Ensure coordinated development of national capital – Lands Minister charges Greater Accra Regional Lands Commission
Ghana’s current GH¢334 billion Public Debt means each citizen owes GHȼ11,133
MTTD seize 54 motorbikes and tricycles to curb crime in Sekondi-Takoradi
Haruna Iddrisu predicts more industrial actions after UTAG strike
Accra sports stadium set to host MTN FA Cup final
Tokyo 2020: Joseph Amoah misses out on 200m final
Sack Ejura MCE, punish military troop leader – Committee recommends
Ejura probe: Committee should have recommended removal of Ashanti Regional Minister – MP
Akorfa Edjeani on how a role affected a home
Covid-19 antigen test can produce false positive results – GHS admits
Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
GNPC seeks Parliament approval to purchase 37% stake in Aker Energy’s oil block